Throughout this project brief I have tried to be as sustainable as possible by reducing my amount of wastage and time by making sure I use the fastest and most effective method to produce a high quality piece of work. The main factor was to remove the amount of ‘wasted’ prints I had to do to ensure that my final product looked as I wanted it to. To keep my budget as low as possible, my first print was on regular A3 paper, the reason being it is much cheaper than Glossy A3. After my first print of this I was happy with the outcome and I felt that using Crop & Bleed Markings helped me a lot to see the scale/ outline of my project. Once I was happy with my test print I then went on to print on Glossy A3 paper from the EPSON printer, and this removed all chances of potential upset as I already new which settings to use.
I considered the ethical implications for my project, the main ethical implication would be the usage of drugs and this can be upsetting to some members of my audience, therefore I decided to stay away from the displaying of drugs and decided to use different conventions from the Psychedelic subculture, such as bright vibrant colours & psychedelia artwork.
For me I personally feel as though this project as allowed me to step forward are a socially conscious designer as I was able to be more diverse with my subculture, due to the fact that I was always consciously thinking about the ethical implications of my designs. The reason for this being that Psychedelia is a ‘sensitive’ topic when it comes to drug use.
My personal target in the future would be to always ensure that I am consciously thinking about how the audience could interpret my work, and to remove all potential upsets in my designs if need-be.
Below is my final product, please click on the images to enlarge them.