Good Design Evaluation – Book Cover

Throughout this project brief I have tried to be as sustainable as possible by reducing my amount of wastage and time by making sure I use the fastest and most effective method to produce a high quality piece of work. The main factor was to remove the amount of ‘wasted’ prints I had to do to ensure that my final product looked as I wanted it to. To keep my budget as low as possible, my first print was on regular A3 paper, the reason being it is much cheaper than Lustre A3. After my first print of this I was happy with the outcome and I felt that using Crop & Bleed Markings helped me a lot to see the scale/ outline of my project. Once I was happy with my test print I then went on to print on Glossy A3 paper from the EPSON printer, and this removed all chances of potential upset as I already new which settings to use.

I considered the ethical implications for my project, however the only main ethical implication that could be present would be the cultural beliefs, therefore in order to remove this implication I decided to stick with a simplistic design of Penguin Books, therefore there is no chance my book cover design could cause potential upset.

My personal target in the future would be to always ensure that I am consciously thinking about how the audience could interpret my work, and to remove all potential upsets in my designs if need-be.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s