Design for the future will require visualisations – that enable understanding of the impacts suggested by the complex data, to allow: community participation (me and you) to collaborate, plan, development for the greater good, have an informed voice.
Styles & Techniques
- Infographic (“facts”)
- Sketches (an impression)
- Photography (seems “real”)
- Narrative (Graphic novel, video story, written story, images – engages on emotional level)
- Collage, montage (brings known images into new juxtaposition)
- Maps (Whereabouts, comparisons and change)
- 3D imaging and models
- Animations (of all of the above)
- Labels and anchors (pins meaning to one direction)
Purposes of visualisation?
Ethics! Key Advice
- Always make it ethical, able to be corroborated
- Make it visual
- Make it local
- Make it connected
To prevent upset/ conflict with others – to see the potential outcome of the idea.