Throughout this project brief I have tried to be as sustainable as possible by reducing our amount of wastage and time by making sure I used the fastest and most effective method to produce a high quality piece of work. The main aspect I tried to reduce as much as possible was the paper wastage as this was a print based project. This was difficult as I needed to do more than 1 test print as when I originally printed my test prints the outcome wasn’t as I expected as the photos were too saturated and dark. This was due to the low ink levels in the printer and poor paper quality, I realised this after re-test printing at a different printer. Aside to this I only undertook 2 test prints and 1 final print therefore I feel as though the paper wastage was limited as much as it possibly could have been.
I considered the ethical implications for my project, the main ethical implication for the double page spreads was copyright infringement, in order to prevent this I ensured that all work produced is of my own. I also made sure that all photographs used and text wouldn’t be interpreted in a different way in order to cause offence to anyone.
For me I personally feel as though I have been more socially conscious in this project compared to previous projects as I have always been consciously thinking about ethical implications, how to prevent waste etc. I still believe that these projects are helping me more and more to become a socially conscious designer as each project I am improving.
My personal target in the future would be to always ensure that I am consciously thinking about how the audience could interpret my work, and to remove all potential upsets in my designs if need-be.