Test Prints

I undertook test prints for this project as it was heavily print based and so I wanted to see if there were any visual errors along with spelling errors on the test prints to reduce the amount of waste/ cost of the overall printing process.

When undertaking the test prints I came across one issue which was that when printing from a PDF file (Preview on a Mac) the prints of the letterhead were of the wrong scale, this was due to the export from illustrator. I fixed this issue by ensuring that on my final print I were to print from the illustrator file which gave me a much wider range of settings in order to prevent re-scaling from happening.

Other than this error my test prints were very successful and there were beneficial to me as I was able to see how things looked on paper (in real life!) instead of just from on the computer screen. I printed off my test prints in black and white to reduce cost, the reason I chose black and white was because the colours in my final products were heavily grey and blacks, therefore black & white wasn’t an issue to see if the colour scheme was fitting.

Below are photographs I took of my test prints.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s